The American Political Science Affiliation seeks proposals from teams of members for collaborative, research-based tasks that tackle essential public points in regards to the public. Apply now →
Software Deadline: January 15, 2024, 11:59 PM EST
Grants for Analysis Partnerships for Vital Points have two key goals:
- To display the worth of political science to the general public and to coverage makers by means of publicly engaged analysis.
- To deliver greater education-based political scientists into dialog with policy-oriented researchers and utilized specialists throughout ideological and geographic traces.
RPCI tasks ought to:
- Deal with urgent real-world issues with the purpose of advancing the general public good. Initiatives could tackle international, nationwide or native points (examples could embody: cooperation on local weather change or nuclear proliferation management, political engagement and apathy, social impacts of automation, water administration, schooling points, immigration, well being care points, felony justice points and extra extra).
- Carry collectively specialists with divergent ideological orientations, views and/or methodological approaches to deepen our understanding and recommend methods ahead in areas the place debate is stagnant and/or polarized.
- Share their analysis and findings with coverage makers, stakeholders and most of the people.
- Deal with subjects that political scientists have one thing particular to supply.
Methods to apply
The utmost funding request allowed is $15,000. To use, please evaluate our utility pointersput together the required parts (listed above) and full the appliance type. Apply right here.
RPCI functions should embody the next parts:
- entrance web page (max. 1 single-spaced web page) that features:
- Undertaking title
- Whole funds request
- PI names and APSA numbers (the place relevant)
- Transient description of the challenge
- Listing of teammates from tutorial establishments and utilized specialists/practitioners.
- Undertaking proposal (3-page single-spaced most) together with identification of the issue, challenge targets, plans and deliverables, and a dialogue of how the proposed work will mirror the variety of communities affected by the issue and the variety of our occupation.
- Line mail funds (max. 1 web page)
- Letter(s) of assist from collaborating establishments (eg, settlement from a college, faculty, affiliation, assume tank, NGO, and so on. to collaborate, present digital or bodily area for conferences, or assist disseminate reviews and associated supplies.
- Letters figuring out any extra contributions in sort from any collaborating establishments.
We’re notably enthusiastic about tasks that deliver collectively a workforce of specialists from throughout ideological divides to hunt an evidence-based resolution to a urgent drawback that may enchantment to a broad spectrum of coverage makers. Though we’re open to all proposals, we are going to prioritize proposals that present a approach ahead on points the place the talk has change into polarized when deciding on awards
For extra info on these parts, please see our full pointers to be used on: https://join.apsanet.org/centennialcenter/research-partnerships-for-critical-issues/
Worth timeline and additional steerage
Full functions obtained by the January 15, 2024 deadline shall be reviewed in late February and we count on to inform candidates of award choices thereafter. All grants awarded shall be topic to the identical phrases and circumstances as APSA grants administered by means of the Centennial Heart, together with the next necessities:
All grants awarded shall be topic to the identical phrases and circumstances as APSA grants administered by means of the Centennial Heart.
- APSA membership for all PIs have to be lively for all the grant interval, often 12 months.
- Grant funds could also be used for direct prices to assist the tasks described, similar to know-how wants, employees or RA assist, meals and/or per diems, and charges for contributors.
- Grant funds will not be used for oblique or oblique prices.
- On the time grants are made, a timeline for the fund’s use is agreed. Grants are usually for a interval of 12 months, with the choice of a 6-month extension as wanted and upon request earlier than the top of the grant.
- Grants have to be accepted and administered by the house establishment of a challenge PI. If you need to use however don’t have an establishment prepared to manage funds, please contact Centennial Heart employees (see under).
Questions? Please contact with questions or for extra info. Contact the Centennial Heart at email@example.com.